WHAT DO WE RESEARCH?
Language research naturally deals with grammar and words, but also literature, linguistics, language history, dialects, conversation and names.
Read more about the research conducted at our departments:
- LILAe - Research network in literary studies at the Faculty of Languages
- Language and Ageing
- Early languages and cultures
- Linguistic Continua: a View from the North
- Language and learning
- Modernas diskurs- och interaktionsseminarium - MODIS
- Network for language historians
Within the disciplinary domain there are a number of research forums, which set out from cultural and geographical areas. Here researchers who take an interest in the area meet.
Honorary doctoral degrees
Honorary doctoral degrees are awarded to distinguished individuals who have made an outstanding academic contribution or in some other way promoted research at the University. Each year, the faculty boards have the opportunity to appoint one or more honorary doctors.